Adult Social Care Career, Recruitment and Hiring Event
Friday 30 September 2022, 09:00 – 13:00
Legends Suite (second floor)
Looking for a career in care? Save the date!
- Want a change of career to a job that gives you purpose and can make a real difference to someone’s life?
- Do you currently have no skills in care but want to learn and progress in the health and social care industry into management and senior roles
- Are you looking for work and wanting to meet employers from all parts of Manchester who are hiring?
Then come along to Manchester’s Adult Social Care Recruitment event. It’s the first event of its kind for several years and the ideal opportunity for anyone thinking about a career in this area. As well as employers looking to hire we have the people who can set you up on your career path. From apprenticeships to university – they are all there on the day.
- Care homes and home care providers from across Manchester who are hiring will be there on the day and able to talk to you about the opportunities they have available for people looking for employment or a change in career.
- There’ll be representatives from North, Central and South Manchester to tell you what’s available near where you are based.
- Many will even be interviewing on the day so if you’re ready you could walk out with a job offer.
Career advice and support
- As well as providers actively recruiting new staff there will also be various partners supporting the event on the day. These include, careers advisors who can guide you around the options, training providers who can tell you about what courses are available, local colleges and more.
- Step Into Care will also be present. This is a fully-funded 4-5 week training programme. The programme will give people with no experience of working in care the opportunity to learn the fundamental skills required. Once you have completed the programme, you will be offered a guaranteed interview in Manchester with one of our Adult Social Care Providers.
The event is organised by Manchester Local Care Organisation which is a partnership of the NHS and Manchester City Council.