Social Care Services – Citywide

Social care and support for adults. 

There are many reasons that you might need support from social care. You might need social care after time in hospital, while recovering from an operation, due to illness, disability, or a major change in your life.  If you need some extra help and support then social care services can support you. 

If you, or someone who is aged 18 or over and lives in the area covered by Manchester City Council, needs care and support, you can ask for advice, information and an assessment of your needs through the Manchester City Council website. 

Visit Manchester City Council’s website here.

Social care services deployed to MLCO

Adult Social Care Locality Services including:

  • Integrated Neighbourhood Social Work and Primary Assessment Teams

  • Integrated Learning Disability Social Work Teams

  • Hospital and Manchester Community Response Social Work Teams

  • Business Support for Social Care.

Adult Social Care Business Delivery Services including:

  • Learning and Physical Difficulties

  • Supported Accommodation

  • Shared Lives

  • Manchester Equipment and Adaptations Partnership

  • Community Alarm and Technology-Enabled Care [CATEC]

  • Day Services

  • Short Breaks

  • Reablement

  • Short Term Intervention

  • Complex Care Reablement

Adult social care citywide services including:

  • Sensory

  • Direct Payments

  • Substance Misuse

  • Forensic

  • No Recourse to Public Funds

  • Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub

  • Adults’ Safeguarding

  • Transition

  • Emergency Duty Service

  • Care Homes Social Work Team

  • Community Alarm and Technology-Enabled Care [CATEC]