Adult Social Care Services – Citywide
There are many reasons that you might need support from social care as an adult. You might need social care after time in hospital, while recovering from an operation, due to illness, disability, or a major change in your life. You may have a disability and need support to help you stay as independent as possible. If you need some extra help and support then social care services can support you.
Adult social care services in Manchester are provided through Manchester Local Care Organisation on behalf of Manchester City Council. If you, or someone who is aged 18 or over and lives in the area covered by Manchester City Council, needs care and support, you can ask for advice, information and an assessment of your needs through the Manchester City Council website here.
We are currently (Spring 2023) building more detailed web pages for each of our services in Adult Social Care. You can clink on the links in the list below to access pages that are live. If you need any further information on services that do not have web pages yet please contact our Adult Social Care contact centre on phone: 0161 234 5001, email: email@example.com or online, through: Sign-Video
Social care services deployed to MLCO
Adult Social Care Business Delivery Services including:
- Learning and Physical Difficulties
- Supported Accommodation
- Shared Lives
- Manchester Equipment and Adaptations Partnership
- Community Alarm and Technology-Enabled Care [CATEC]
- Daytime Services (Day Services)
- Short Breaks
- Short Term Intervention
- Complex Care Reablement
Adult Social Care Locality Services including:
- Integrated Neighbourhood Social Work and Primary Assessment Teams
- Integrated Learning Disability Social Work Teams
- Hospital and Manchester Community Response Social Work Teams.
Adult social care citywide services including:
- Direct Payments
- Substance Misuse
- No Recourse to Public Funds
- Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
- Adults’ Safeguarding
- Emergency Duty Service
- Care Homes Social Work Team.