Integrated Learning Disability Social Work Teams
We are a team of social workers based at three locations across Manchester (covering North, South and Central) aiming to provide a seamless, person-centred service to adults (over the age of 18) with a learning disability.
We work with people over the age of 18 who have a learning disability (and associated health conditions) and are registered with a Manchester GP. This includes people who are born with learning disabilities and people who acquire a learning disability in childhood.
People with a learning disability have:
- A cognitive impairment i.e. an IQ of 70 or under
- Associated difficulties with everyday functioning
The team is made up of social care assessors and social workers who place an emphasis on assisting with social care needs and overall wellbeing. Services can be offered at home or at one of the three offices — North: Crescent Bank, South: Etrop Court, Central: Hulme District Office.
The teams offer a range of specialist interventions and support. This usually begins with a person-centred assessment to ascertain how best to help the individual. This will then be used to create a collaborative Support Plan, that can cover:
- Help with communication issues
- Assistance with accessible information
- Support with mental and physical health
- Hygiene and the home environment
- Vocational and educational support
- Referrals to other health/social care groups
- Training/advice for social care providers and family carers
- Support for people with long-term health conditions
There are three community learning disability teams covering North, Central and South Manchester.
North: Crescent Bank Humphrey Street Crumpsall M8 9JS
Central: Hulme District Office 323 Stretford Road M15 4UW
South: Etrop Court Rowlands Way Wythenshawe M22 5RG
Main contact number: 0161 234 5001