Community Nutrition Service – Citywide
We are a team of dietitians and support workers that support patients with nutritional needs in clinic and home settings.
Our aim is to deliver comprehensive nutrition support for adults (aged over 18) identified as malnourished or at risk of becoming malnourished.
We help those at risk of malnourishment, high nutrient losses and issues related to nutritional needs eg. pressure ulcer present, recurrent infections, extreme unintentional weight loss, and exacerbations of COPD.
Patients will be invited to attend a clinic appointment where a dietitian will under take an assessment and of advice and work with the patient to develop a specific care plan to address any concerns regarding unmet nutritional needs. If patient’s are unable to access a clinic setting then home visits can be arranged.
- You need to be registered with a Manchester GP
- A MUST score of at least 2
- A BMI of less than 18.5Kg/m2
- Unintentional weight loss greater than 10% within past 3 – 6 months
- A BMI of less than 20 kg/m2, and weight loss of more than 5% within 3- 6 months
And at risk of being malnourished if the person has:
- A poor absorptive capacity and/or high nutrient losses and/or increased nutritional needs eg; pressure ulcer present, recurrent infections, exacerbations of COPD
Please refer by single point of access firstname.lastname@example.org (0300 303 9650)
A referral form is available in the Additional Links and Useful Information section.
Newton Heath Health Centre, 2 Old Church St, Manchester M40 2JF (North)
Stancliffe Road Health Centre, 1 Stancliffe Rd, Greater, Wythenshawe, Manchester M22 4PJ (South)
- (North) 0161 681 0940
- (South) 0161 946 8634