Winter Cheetham and Crumpsall
Please note: This guide is from Winter 2022. New advice will be available shortly.
We know this Winter will be hard with the cost of living crisis, but there is lots of support out there locally if you do need it. To help local people, Manchester Local Care Organisation’s integrated neighbourhood teams across the city have worked with colleagues at Manchester City Council and the voluntary sector to produce a series of neighbourhood service guides .
The guides outline much of the local support that is available across each neighbourhood. These include food banks, warm hubs, befriending services and other local offers.
The guides complement the citywide support available through Manchester City Council’s free cost of living advice line. This free telephone line offers support with benefits and help with your rent, advice about debt and paying bills , food support and help to get online (support to access the internet, laptops, phones and data). The advice line is open Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm on 0800 023 2692. You can speak to someone about the support that is available. You can also text on 07860 022 876 or visit manchester.gov.uk/coladvice
View the information in the categories below or you can download the PDF booklet for Cheetham and Crumpsall here [PDF approx 3.5MB].
Welcome Centre – Emergency food bank only with limited supply. Also has a clothing bank. You need to be referred from the NHS or other agencies to this service.
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 3pm – Welcome Centre, Brentfield Avenue, Cheetham M8 0TW.
- Call 0161 513 4126
Feed My City food van – Hot food and drinks, all welcome.
- Monday 10.30am to 1pm – at The Welcome Centre, 2 Greenhill Rd, Cheetham Hill M8 9LG
Feed My City Foundation – Providing dry food bags and vegetarian hot meals. All welcome.
- Outside the Welcome Centre, 18-32 Brentfield Avenue, M8 0TW
- Every Thursday, 11am to 1pm
- Call 03003 653101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rainbow Surprise – Community pantry, cheap clothing and household items available to anyone. Daily food bank service is run from Crumpsall Community Hall, Cleveland Rd M8 4GS.
Irish Community Care luncheon club – Free luncheon club every Wednesday for over 50s.
- Wednesday 12noon to 2pm – Irish World Heritage Centre, 1 Irish Town Way, Cheetham Hill M8 0AE
- Call 0161 205 9105 or email email@example.com
St Matthews Church Lunch’n’Linger – Anyone welcome for lunch and to meet new people in a warm space. The cost is £3.50 and numbers are limited so please book by the Wednesday before.
- First Monday of every month – St Matthews Church, Cleveland Rd, Crumpsall M8 4QU
The Lalley Centre – Foodbank, information and guidance, tea and toast.
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday10am to 4pm – Eggington Street, Manchester M40 7RG
- Call 0161 817 2250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coffee for Craig – Home cooked meals, shower, medic, barbering, support and advice for homeless people.
- The Meanwhile, Unit 5, 153 Great Ducie St. M3 1FB
Manchester Youth Zone Pantry – Struggling families with children accessing Manchester Youth Zone have access to the pantry supplying care products and limited food items.
- Call 0161 203 5333 or email email@example.com
- The pantry is based at 931 Rochdale Road, M9 8AE
Cheetham Hill Advice Centre – Offers free impartial, confidential advice on welfare benefits, budgeting, debt, housing and immigration. Can also issue foodbank vouchers. Need to be a resident in Manchester to access.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 740 8999.
- For new issues people can come to the office Monday to Thursday 10am to 1pm at 1-3 Morrowfield Avenue, M8 8AR
North Manchester Community Partnership – Provides support and advice on welfare and benefits, form filling, online services, employment and CVs as well as immigration forms and school applications.
- Call 0161 792 9760 or email email@example.com
Irish Community Care – Offers a free and confidential advice and information service including benefits support, housing, Irish passport applications and more. Their advocacy and support programme offers person centred, one-to-one support based on individual health and social care needs. Provides an outreach service at the Irish World Heritage Centre in Cheetham Hill as well as a phone advice service.
- Call 0161 205 9105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizen’s Advice Drop In – Get help with welfare benefits, debt and money, housing, energy and utilities, using internet services and much more.
- Welcome Centre (Cheetham) M8 0TW – Weds AM
- Book a slot via 0161 513 4126
Manchester Credit Union
A member owned financial co-operative, providing an easy way to save and affordable loans when you need them. Open to everyone who lives or works in Manchester. All services are available online at www.manchestercreditunion.co.uk or you can also visit MCUs local branch:
- City centre branch at Queen’s Court, 24 Queen Street M2 5HX – open Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
Women’s Wellness Group – Promoting health and wellbeing open to all women through meet encouraging positivity, learning and wellbeing. Women only (children welcome).
- Every Monday fortnightly 12 to 2pm at ITC Centre, 122 Waterloo Road M8 8AF
- Call 0161 839 9817 or email email@example.com
Saturday Family Day – Saturday session for Manchester Youth Zone members and their families to engage in activities together. Free hot meal for everyone attending.
- Every Saturday at Manchester Youth Zone, 931 Rochdale Road, M9 8AE.
- 12 to 1pm closed session for invited families. 1 to 2pm lunch served – all welcome. 2 to 4pm open session with staff led activities.
Sunday Inclusion Day – Session specifically for members with additional needs and disabilities with a wide range of activities to get involved in. Free hot meal for everyone attending.
- 12 to 3pm every Sunday – Manchester Youth Zone, 931 Rochdale Road, M9 8AE.
Universal Youth Sessions – Wide range of activities for young people age 8-19 to participate in, for example, arts and crafts, football, rock climbing, basketball, dance, careers and enterprise, music, cooking and a maker’s space. Free hot meal for every child who attends. You need to join Manchester Youth Zone to access.
- Visit www.manchesteryz.org/whats-on for more information on different sessions by age group or call 0161 203 5333.
Wai Yin Society – Community support including English for Speakers of a Foreign Language classes, arts and crafts, music and calligraphy classes
- Open Monday to Thursday 9am to 3pm – The Welcome Centre, 18-32 Brentfield Avenue, Manchester, M8 0TW.
- Drop in or visit www.waiyin.org.uk/centres/welcome-centre
North Manchester Community Partnership Digital Offer – Providing digital support and training including Manchester Move, Universal Credit or any other online benefit application, Council tax, school applications, help with any online forms, view your rent account, help with online basics such as email, uploading documents etc. Data and device bank advice. Everyone welcome to drop in.
- Monday 10am to 1pm – Simpson Memorial Hall, 361 Moston Lane, Moston, M40 9NB
- Monday 10am to 12.30pm – Northwards Housing, White Moss Road, Blackley, M9 6NZ
- Monday 1.30pm to 3.30pm – Newton Heath Library, 2 Old Church Street, Newton Heath, M40 2JF
- Tuesday 10am to 2pm – Welcome Centre, 18 – 32 Brentfield Ave, Cheetham Hill, Manchester M8 0TW. Appointment only. Call: 0161 792 9760
- Tuesday 10am to 12pm – No 93, 93 Church Ln, Harpurhey, Manchester M9 5BG
- Wednesday 10am to 2pm – Newton Heath Library, 2 Old Church Street, Newton Heath, M40 2JF
- Wednesday 10am to 2pm – Simpson Memorial Hall, 361 Moston Lane, Moston, Manchester M40 9NB.