Community Stroke Team – South Manchester
We offer a stroke specialist multi-disciplinary service with a focus on delivering specialist therapy at the right time in their home environment.
- Aim to provide high quality specialist treatment to patients following a stroke.
- It’s a multidisciplinary team consisting of nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapist, speech and language therapists and trained therapy technicians.
We accept referrals for adults (18+) and:
- Are registered with a South Manchester GP
- Have a diagnosis of Cerebrovascular Accident
- Are medically stable
- Are compliant with rehabilitation programme and goals identified for discharge
- We provide home based rehabilitation based on clinical needs. Patients are seen by Physiotherapist, occupational therapist, nurse and speech and language therapist
- We are patient centred and formulate goals with patients and involve them in treatment plan
- We advice and provide information to patients/family and carers to promote healthier lifestyles
- We advice and give information to patients and their carers to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage the long term effects of stroke effectively.
- We can see patients for up to 6 months if they have clinical needs
- We accept referral via email or letter from any professional. Please refer via SPA – email@example.com / 0300 303 9650
- We aim to contact patients within 72 hours of receiving the referral for an initial assessment.
- Referral Form [Word doc, 60KB]
Community Stroke Team
1 Stancliffe Road
Phone: 0161 946 9439
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
We have an answer machine so messages can be left out of hours and picked up the next working day.