Community Physiotherapy – South Manchester
The Community Therapy Team (Community Occupational Therapy and Community Physiotherapy) helps people who have physiotherapy and/or occupational therapy goals.
We offer assessment, treatment and rehabilitation programmes for people living with complex long-term health conditions.
As part of the Integrated Community Rehabilitation Service (ICRS), we aim to provide home-based rehabilitation services across the 4 neighbourhoods in South Manchester.
We provide general rehabilitation to people over the age of 18. Patients are seen in their own homes and we also provide input to people living in care homes.
Community therapy is suitable for patients who:
- Have general mobility problems or loss of balance.
- Have a long-term health condition including orthopaedic, neurological, and respiratory conditions
- Are recovering from surgery, eg hip replacements or fracture
- Have complex health and social care needs that require home-based therapy
- Are having difficulty carrying out activities of daily living due to their health condition.
We can provide:
- Rehabilitation programmes to improve mobility, balance and strength
- Falls prevention advice
- Rehabilitation programmes to help with daily living such as; getting washed and dressed, cooking meals/making drinks, household management
- Equipment as part of the rehabilitation programme including items such as mobility aids, kitchen/bathroom/toileting equipment etc
- Fatigue and anxiety management
- Advice and education to patients and their carers/family to help manage their own conditions
We accept referrals for adults (18+) who are registered with a South Manchester GP and:
- Have problems requiring occupational therapy and physiotherapy assessment and treatment
- Where the home environment is the most appropriate place to be treated (rather than an outpatient setting)
- Require assessment in their home environment to maximise function and independence with activities of daily living
- Are housebound (physiotherapy referrals only)
- Live in care homes
Referrals can be made by telephone or email to the Single Point of access service.
Single Point of Access (SPA)
Tel: 0300 303 9650
Referrals can also be made directly to the service via email;
Community Therapy Service
Referral forms are widely accepted – please find a copy of the Manchester Citywide Contact Assessment form below.
Community Occupational Therapy
1 Stancliffe Road
Social Media (Twitter): @southmcr_rehab
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
We have an answering machine so messages can be left out of hours and picked up the next working day.