Stroke and Neuro Service – North Manchester
This service helps rehabilitate patients aged 18 or over with stroke, acquired brain injury or neurological conditions.
Support patients needing specialist rehabilitation in the community setting.
- Adults over 18 years of age (with flexibility from the age of 16 for young adults who are transitioning between paediatric and adult services or if adult services is the most appropriate service for the individual)
- Medically stable
- Registered with North Manchester GP
- Patients presenting with a primary diagnosis of new stroke or who require specialist intervention as a direct result of stroke
- Patients with a diagnosis of neurological condition although those awaiting diagnosis will be accepted if appropriate
- Patients must be able to actively engage in rehabilitation
The Service comprises of two teams, the Community Stroke Team and the Community Neurorehabilitation Team. Both are multidisciplinary teams comprising of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, specialist nurses, speech and language therapists, a psychologist and rehabilitation assistants. We provide therapy at an intensity and duration depending upon the clinical need of the individual.