Manchester Learning Disability Partnership – Citywide
We work with adults who have a learning disability and are registered with a Manchester GP.
We are co-located with our social care colleagues and work closely to provide both effective and seamless health and social care to adults with a learning disability.
Learning Disability and associated health conditions (Adults aged 18 and over).
People with a learning disability have:
- A cognitive impairment i.e. an IQ of 70 or under
- Associated difficulties with everyday functioning
We work with people who are born with learning disabilities and people who acquire a learning disability in childhood.
- 3 community teams across North, Central and South Manchester
- 1 Short Breaks (respite service)
- 1 Complex needs day time service
The offer a range of specialist health interventions available to meet the complex needs of this vulnerable patient group.
- Advice about supporting people with learning disabilities
- Support for people who have behaviour that challenges
- Individual treatment/therapy e.g.hydrotherapy
- Help with communication problems.
- Assistance with accessible information
- Support with mental and physical health problems
- Support and advice around medical/health
- Referrals to other health/social care groups
- Training for social care providers and family carers
- Support for people with long term health conditions e.g. dysphagia, dementia, and respiratory issues.
Anyone can refer to the Community teams This includes the person, the GP, social worker, advocate, carer or family.
People can refer in person, by letter and by phone.
We have an external referral form and can send copies by post or electronically.
North Community Learning Disability Health Team
Crescent Bank (North)
Phone: 0161 861 2958
Central Community Learning Disability Health Team
Hulme District Office
323 Stretford Rd
Phone: 0161 219 2555
South Community Team
Phone: 0161 219 6022
Short Breaks Respite Service
44 Wythenshawe Road
Phone: 0161 901 0951
Complex Needs Day Provision
177 Longley Lane
Phone: 0161 998 7424
Page last reviewed: October 2022
Next review due: October 2023