Stroke and Neuro-rehabilitation – Central Manchester
We enable people to achieve their maximum potential by providing specialised neuro-rehabilitation (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech & Language Therapy).
Our aim is to enable people to achieve their maximum potential by providing specialised neuro-rehabilitation (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy).
People aged 18+ (registered with a Central Manchester GP) who have a neurological disability as a result of a stroke, or an acquired neurological condition (inherited/non-inherited).
We’re based at Alexandra Park Health Centre, but with the flexibility to treat people at home, at work and in their local community, in order to tailor recovery to individual needs.
We have access to a therapy gym with facilities including overhead dynamic track hoist and de-weighting system for mobility rehabilitation.
- On-going evidence-based rehabilitation
- Individualised treatment specific to needs
- Cognitive assessment and treatment
- Fatigue Management Programme
- Person-centred goal setting
- Exercise classes, both at MRI and within the community
- Hydrotherapy – currently not operational
- Individualised Home Exercise Programmes
- Vocational rehabilitation (helping people to return to work)
We aim to provide people with:
- Improved quality of life
- Improved function and independence
- Help with any issues with returning to work, staying in work or undertaking voluntary work
- Self-management in the long term
Rehabilitation is person-centred and holistic.
We accept referrals for people who are registered with a GP in Central Manchester.