We accept referrals for people who are registered with a GP in Central Manchester. Our aim is to enable people to achieve their maximum potential by providing specialised neuro-rehabilitation (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech & Language Therapy).
We’re based at Alexandra Park Health Centre, but with the flexibility to treat people at home, at work and in their local community, in order to tailor recovery to individual needs.
We have access to a therapy gym with facilities including overhead dynamic track hoist and de-weighting system for mobility rehabilitation.
Who we help:
People aged 18+ (registered with a Central Manchester GP) who have a neurological disability as a result of a stroke, or an acquired neurological condition (inherited/non-inherited).
How we help:
- On-going evidence-based rehabilitation
- Individualised treatment specific to needs
- Cognitive assessment and treatment
- Fatigue Management Programme
- Person-centred goal setting
- Exercise classes, both at MRI and within the community
- Hydrotherapy – currently not operational
- Individualised Home Exercise Programmes
- Vocational rehabilitation (helping people to return to work)
We aim to provide people with:
- Improved quality of life
- Improved function and independence
- Help with any issues with returning to work, staying in work or undertaking voluntary work
- Self-management in the long term
Rehabilitation is person-centred and holistic.
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Rehabilitation Assistants
Contact the team:
All 4 neighbourhoods in Central Manchester
Community Neuro & Stroke TeamAlexandra Park Health Centre 2 Whitswood Close M16 7AP
Team tel: 0161 209 9965
cmm-tr.CMFT-stroke-ESD@nhs.net – Stroke
8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday