Orthopaedic Outreach Therapy Team – Central Manchester
Who we help:
We assess and provide specialist physiotherapy and occupational therapy input for adults with Orthopaedic conditions, following discharge from inpatient trauma and elective Orthopaedic services.
We help people to leave hospital quickly and safely by offering timely access to specialist rehab in the home environment.
We can provide home visits to patients requiring pre-operative assessment prior to elective Orthopaedic Surgery.
How we help people:
- Assessment at the patient’s residence within 3 days of discharge/referral.
- Physiotherapy review and rehabilitation including progression of exercises and mobility including return to completing stairs and accessing outdoors.
- Occupational Therapy functional assessment. Rehabilitation and goal setting to achieve independence with ADL’s.
- Input to enable patients to achieve their specific home based goals.
- Equipment review and assessment.
- Advice and education to patients and their carers/family including advice on managing their condition, falls prevention advice, plus relevant signposting.
- Onward referral to relevant outpatient rehabilitation services.
Levenshulme Health Centre, Dunstable St, Levenshulme, Manchester M19 3BX
07929 838 871
8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday
How to refer:
Referrals via ICE electronic referral, or via email
- Adults registered with a Central Manchester GP.
- Under the care of an Orthopaedic Consultant.
- Recent trauma or elective orthopaedic inpatient stay, or identified via Virtual Fracture Clinic.
- Requiring access to specialist rehabilitation in the home.