We help people with physiotherapy goals, in their own homes. The core purpose of the Home Physiotherapy Service is to provide home-based physiotherapy assessment, treatment & management for adults with a Central Manchester GP.
Our service provides patient-centred care and promotes equal access to physiotherapy services for patients who have complex health needs preventing attendance at clinic appointments.
Who we help
We provide a flexible service where we treat patients in their own home. We visit patients who are unable to travel to hospital or a centre for treatment or if it is more appropriate that they are seen in their home environment.
Home Physiotherapy is suitable for patients who:
- have musculo-skeletal, orthopaedic, general mobility or balance problems and for those recovering from surgery.
- have complex and/or multiple health and social care needs that require home based physiotherapy.
- would have significant difficulty leaving their home environment for treatment.
- have a health condition(s) that might be exacerbated by the physical exertion of clinic attendance.
- require assessment in their home environment to maximise function and independence with activities of daily living.
- have carers that require advice and education to optimise management of a patient’s condition(s)
How we help
We work with people in their homes to assess need, understand their goals and tailor physiotherapy for them to meet those goals.
- Following assessment we can refer and/or signpost to other relevant services.
- Through education and exercise we can help people, with the help of their families and/or carers if appropriate, to manage their own conditions.
8am-4pm Monday to Friday.
No out-of-hours service as non-urgent service. Answer phone available, with messages picked up during office hours.