Home Physiotherapy – Central Manchester
Our service provides patient-centred care and promotes equal access to physiotherapy services for patients who have complex health needs preventing attendance at clinic appointments.
We help people with physiotherapy goals, in their own homes. The core purpose of the Home Physiotherapy Service is to provide home-based physiotherapy assessment, treatment & management for adults with a Central Manchester GP.
We provide a flexible service where we treat patients in their own home. We visit patients who are unable to travel to hospital or a centre for treatment or if it is more appropriate that they are seen in their home environment.
Home Physiotherapy is suitable for patients who:
- have musculo-skeletal, orthopaedic, general mobility or balance problems and for those recovering from surgery.
- have complex and/or multiple health and social care needs that require home based physiotherapy.
- would have significant difficulty leaving their home environment for treatment.
- have a health condition(s) that might be exacerbated by the physical exertion of clinic attendance.
- require assessment in their home environment to maximise function and independence with activities of daily living.
- have carers that require advice and education to optimise management of a patient’s condition(s)
We work with people in their homes to assess need, understand their goals and tailor physiotherapy for them to meet those goals.
- Following assessment we can refer and/or signpost to other relevant services.
- Through education and exercise we can help people, with the help of their families and/or carers if appropriate, to manage their own conditions.
How to refer to us:
All referrals should be sent via the Therapy Point of Access. The email address is on the downloadable referral form.
We aim to see patients within 4 weeks of receiving a completed referral, but often this will be sooner.
Page last reviewed: Novemeber 2023
Next review due: April 2024