Adult Social Care Recruitment & Hiring Event
Looking for work or thinking about a career in care? Save the date!
- Looking for paid employment that’s flexible around your needs?
- Want a change of career in a job that gives you purpose and meaning and where you can make a real difference to someone’s life?
- Do you currently have no skills in care but want to learn and progress in the health and social care industry into management and senior roles
- Are you wanting to meet local employers from South Manchester who are hiring?
Manchester Adult Social Care Recruitment & Hiring Event
Tuesday 18th April 2023
10am to 1pm
- Wythenshawe Forum – in the entrance area
- Simonsway, M22 5RX
Then come along to our free Adult Social Care Recruitment & Hiring event on 18th April at Wythenshawe Forum. It’s the ideal opportunity for anyone thinking about a career in this area.
Hamira is a carer working in South Manchester who tells us about why it's a great career to get into
What is adult social care?
Adult social care describes all forms of personal care and other practical assistance for adults who need extra support.
You could be assisting adults who live in residential care homes, nursing homes, or supporting their living at home. Working in care is one of the most rewarding jobs there is and gives you skills that you can keep and develop a lifelong career with if you’re the right person.
Why work in adult social care?
As well as the personal reward of working and making a difference to people who need care, working in adult social care can build you a career. It can lead to roles in nursing, manager roles and social work. It’s the start of a career pathway.
What’s happening on the day?
This event is where it all starts. As well as employers looking to hire we have the people who can set you up on your career path.
Care homes and home care providers from across South Manchester who are hiring will be there on the day and able to talk to you about the opportunities they have available for people looking for employment or a change in career.
Many will even be interviewing on the day so if you’re ready you could walk out with a job offer.
Career advice and support
As well as providers actively recruiting new staff there will also be various partners supporting the event on the day. These include, careers advisors who can guide you around the options, training providers who can tell you about what courses are available, including fully funded courses.
So the day is basically a one stop shop for everything you need for a career in adult social care and we’d love for you to join us on the day. The event is organised by Manchester Local Care Organisation which is a partnership of the NHS and Manchester City Council.
You can just come along on the day, but why not reserve a place at the event now for a timeslot that suits you.
Just click here to select what time you’d like to attend.
Getting to the Wythenshawe Forum
The Forum is easily accessible from across South Manchester.
- Tram – You can get the Metrolink using the Manchester Airport line. The event is just a minute’s walk from the Wythenshawe Town Centre stop
- Bus – get a bus to the Wythenshawe interchange at the Forum
- Cycling and walking – there are cycling and walking routes to the Forum and plenty of bike parking
- Driving – There is plenty of free parking available at the Forum and the Civic Centre.