Care Home providers COVID-19 vaccine information page
This page provides information for care home providers in Manchester on the Covid 19 Vaccination programme.
It will be updated on a regular basis with information on both vaccinations for staff and for residents as the programme develops. It also includes frequently asked questions and links to downloads and other core information.
Latest position and developments
Care home staff and residents have been prioritised to receive the vaccine. There are two key elements to the care home programme as the vaccine is made available.
- Care home staff vaccinations through Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) –
- We opened booking to care home staff to have their vaccine at Manchester Royal Infirmary in mid-December. Over 1100 care home staff have been vaccinated or are booked on which is a great start – thank you for your support. An email with the booking link was sent to each home on Monday 14 December.
- Please email us at email@example.com if you did not receive this email.
- MFT have now expanded clinics so slots are also available at Wythenshawe Hospital and North Manchester General Hospital for care home staff.
- Resident vaccination in homes
- We piloted delivery of vaccine in care homes w/c 28 December with three homes in the city. Pilots went really well with good feedback from homes, residents and vaccinators
- Roll out of vaccine in other care homes begins w/c 11 January with aim of vaccinating all homes by the end of January. gtd healthcare and local primary care teams will be carrying out the vaccinations
- This will include residents and staff – but we still encourage staff who can travel to book on to the MFT sessions as there is capacity there to quickly vaccinate staff
- Full details of actions homes need to take before vaccinations are delivered are outlined in the webinar slidepack from January 8th (downloadable below).
Latest news and information
- Slidepack from provider webinar 8 January You can download the slidepack from the 8 Jan webinar which includes latest update and steps providers need to take in advance of vaccine delivery in homes. Download the pack here.
- Slidepack from provider webinar 21 Dec You can download the slidepack from the webinar we held on Monday 21 December here. It includes the latest on the vaccination programme, some common myths answered and questions raised with the team along with answers and other useful information. Download the pack here.
National resources and information leaflets
The following leaflets are some of the key resources available nationally from Public Health England to support the vaccine roll out. Click on the title to download.
- Covid Vaccination information for adults – Standard information leaflet suitable for residents
- Covid Vaccination information for Social Care staff – Standard information leaflet suitable for staff
- What to expect after your vaccination – Leaflet with information on side effects after your first dose
Homes are able to order printed leaflets as well as other materials like posters and large print versions directly from NHS England free of charge. We recommend each home orders enough leaflets for their staff and residents. You can order at the NHS England health publications website here (you may need to register for an account to order information).
Frequently asked questions
Access our page of frequently asked questions here. You can also send us any questions so we can try and provide further answers.